Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Livonia, Farmington Michigan
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft?
You'll enjoy the water ever more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you're in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your watercraft also needs protection when it's on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
- How much can you afford to pay if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
- Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
- What discounts and programs are available?
- How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
- Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
Don’t rely on your home or auto insurance policies to provide coverage for boats or personal watercraft. Most homeowner policies may provide very limited coverage for boats – usually up to $1000, but only while the boat is on your home premises. Talk to us to make sure you understand the coverage limits. You may want to consider purchasing a watercraft policy to protect yourself and your water vehicle in the event of an accident.
Special policies for boats and personal watercraft cover:
- Liability in the event you injure someone or damage property belonging to others
- Guest passenger liability
- Medical payments (usually available from $1,000 to $5,000)
- Theft or damage to your watercraft
Liability coverage limits are available from $50,000 to $500,000.
Typical policies include deductibles ranging from $50 to $1,000 for damage to the boat or personal watercraft.
Do I qualify for discounts?
There are some factors about your boat or watercraft that may qualify you for discounts, such as:
- If your boat is new
- Automatic fire extinguisher
- Burglar Alarm
- Ship-to-shore radio
- If you have completed a qualified boating education course
Coverage is also available for trailers and other accessories. Talk to us about the type of coverage that would best suit your needs.
Be sure to ask us about other important parts of your insurance program, including Personal Auto; Home Insurance; Umbrella Liability; Life or insurance for your Business.
Getting a QUOTE for BOAT or WATERCRAFT INSURANCE is quick and easy!
One of our dedicated representatives will contact you shortly!