Home Page Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube Blog RSS Feed Header

Auto Insurance Homeowners Insurance Business Insurance Life and Health Insurance Post Header Line

insruance policy papersA lot of things about running your business have to do with upkeep, both on the building’s interior and exterior. One of your most-important assets likely is the building’s exterior signage. After all, it is an important part of your advertising and marketing strategies. If something were to damage your company signs, would you have help available?

In many cases, a business owners policy (a BOP) would help you cover the costs related to your damaged signage. However, talk to your agent about the exact types of signs you have, and where they are located. They can then better ensure that you receive the right coverage.

Signs on Business Properties

a variety of signs throughout businesses.

· Multiple types of signs within the building can help with advertising, decoration or safety instruction.

· Signs can attach to the outside of the building as a type of attraction or advertising scheme.

· Many businesses place signs near the street. These might be elevated signs, or ground-level signs. Some might be lighted.

Regardless of where you place the business’s signs, they will all face risks of damage or losses. A fire might damage the signs inside or on your building. A severe storm might blow over detached signs, or cause signs attached to the building to topple. Detached signs might even fall victim to damage if a car hits them.

BOP Property Insurance

The good news is that in many cases, BOP coverage can help you pay for the damage to your signage. Most BOPs contain property insurance, which will cover damage to your commercial property in cases of unavoidable or unanticipated damage.

So, if a fire were to occur, damaging one of the signs, then BOP coverage could help you pay for the repairs or replacement of the item. When it comes to signs attached to the building, then your regular property coverage will likely apply to the value of the items, up to a certain limit.

When it comes to detached signage, you might need to tell your agent that these assets exist on the property. In some cases, you might need to add outdoor signs coverage to the policy to help apply to damage to these items.

Keep in mind, sign damage will likely only have assistance from your insurance in cases of covered damage. A covered loss might be anything from a fire, to theft, vandalism or severe weather. Simple neglect or wear and tear to the sign won’t have coverage. Contact us now for more information on signage insurance for commercial properties.

Share |

NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011

View Mobile Version
HAPPY 4th of JULY!

Citizens Insurance
Grange Insurance
Hastings Mutual
Michigan Insurance Company
Philadelphia Insurance Companies
progressive logo
west bend logo
acuity logo
fremont logo
Get A Quote

Home   About Us   Contact   Blog   Partners   Privacy Policy

Lighthouse Group Main Office in Grand Rapids, MI
Mailing Address | P.O. Box 530009, Livonia, MI 48153

Phone: 734.421.9900 | Toll Free: 800.220.5582 | Fax: 734.421.9911

Also serving these Detroit area communities in Michigan: Livonia, Farmington Hills, Ann Arbor, Southfield, Plymouth, Canton, Westland, Northville, Novi, Dearborn, South Lyon & Walled Lake